Sunday, October 18, 2015

A Chemical Filled House


Recently, a friend of mine talked me into selling Norwex products.  She's a good friend and a good salesman, so I agreed to try it for a little while, you know, just to help her out.  I had a couple of parties to meet my goals and began getting a lot of free products.  Slowly I began replacing all of my household cleaning products with these chemical free cloths and cleaners.  I was, once again, just doing this to help her out, because I'm such a good person. ;) But the more I did with the company, the more I learned about the cleaners that I was using before.   I realized that I had a chemical filled house.  Scary.  The great US of A has little to no regulations on the chemicals that can be put in these cleaners.  That amazed me.



Then the other day, another friend of mine who has begun selling Beautycounter products (another great company), posted this on her Facebook page...
If you can't read that, it says...
"Having spent the past few days at St. Jude Children's research hospital, meeting with some of the most fascinating researchers in the world, I am reminded again of why our work as Beautycounter consultants is so very important.  When a biochemist shows you a piece of a cancerous brain tumor under a microscope and tells you that in those tumors they have found chemicals like formaldehyde and paragons, then tells you to protect my children from such chemicals, you realize this stuff is real! We can make a difference girls and our work matters!!"

Once again...scary.  Instantly I began doing research.  I have read article after article about what chemicals are found in daily household cleaners and how they are harmful.  It ranges anywhere from asthma triggers to cancer causing to even fatal if swallowed.  We do everything we can to make our homes a safe haven for ourselves and our children.  We baby proof the house, get alarm systems, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, lock our doors, etc.  But meanwhile, we are filling our house and sometimes even directly spraying our kids toys and our clothes with chemicals that can cause us more harm than good.  

I will post some of the articles that I came across in my research, but I highly recommend that you do your own research.  You will be amazed at what you find. 


My small plug about Norwex:  Norwex uses NO chemicals at all, yet has been proven more effective at removing bacteria and other harmful substances from surfaces, using only water, than leading household cleaners.  I have been so amazed by the research I have done about Norwex also.  Bonus: it's really easy to clean with these products and the results will amaze you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment