Thursday, January 30, 2014

Brussels Sprout Salad

One of my challenges for the year is to try new foods every month.  Today I was at the grocery store and saw a bag of brussels sprouts.  Before, I never would have even considered them.  But, I challenged myself to try new foods, so I picked them up, along with a bag of kale, spinach and swiss chard, and went home.  I looked up some recipes and found one that sounded good. And it was really good, so here it is for you to try.  I found it on www.justataste.com

Ingredients:

For the dressing:
1 Tablespoon minced shallots or green onions
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 teaspoons honey
1/4 cup olive oil
For the salad:
4 cups finely shredded kale, spinach and swiss chard (or just kale)
4 cups finely shredded Brussels sprouts (loosely packed)
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted

Cut the veggies into narrow strips and put in a large bowl along with sliced almonds.  Mix the ingredients for the dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment