Thursday, January 30, 2014

February Challenge 2014

There have been too many days this past month that I didn't get a chance to get to the gym.  Here is my solution for this problem.  I can usually find about 10 minutes to myself in the mornings or after the kids go to bed at night.  Until now, I have used this time to relax (do nothing).   Where has that gotten me?  Same place I was a month ago, still not in the shape I want to be in, lacking in energy, and still not in the size I want to be wearing.  The challenge for February is to use that time more wisely.  I've found a lot of quick at home workouts that don't require weights or a gym.  I plan on doing one of these workouts everyday.  I really think it will make a big difference in my energy, weight and muscle tone.  I also think it will help me with my half-marathon training.  Here are the workouts:

Morning Workout
80 jumping jacks
20 push-ups
40 sit ups
50 squats
20 lunges (per leg)
60 second wall squats

Bob Harpers Workout
20 jumping jacks
20 lunges
20 push-ups
Repeat 3-5 times

4 Minute Workout
0:00- squat thrust
0:20- rest
0:30- mountain climbers
0:50- rest
1:00- high knees
1:20- rest
1:30- jumping jacks
1:50- rest
2:00- squat thrust
2:20- rest
2:30- mountain climbers
2:50- rest
3:00- high knees
3:20- rest
3:30- jumping jacks
3:50- rest
4:00- DONE!

Flat Belly Workout
50 jumping jacks
40 crunches
40 squats
40 leg lifts
30 jumping jacks
20 bicycle crunches
20 squats
30 leg lifts

Quads and Core
25 squats
3 minute plank
25 lunges
1 minute elbow side plank
25 star jumps
1 minute elbow side plank
25 split squats (each leg)
1 minute elbow plank
25 wide leg squats
plank with 50 knee to elbow
1 minute wall sit

I challenge you to just take 10-20 minutes everyday and do a workout.  Just try it for one month and see if it makes a difference for you.  I am also making it a goal to get up to 5 miles on my runs this month.  Good luck!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Kim. My body is in sad shape. Jenny and I have gone back to Weight Watchers and we are making small changes each week. Yesterday I pledged to the group that I would move 15 minutes at least 4 days in the next week. After we got back to Jenny's I went up and down her stairs and walked around the house (inside) for 15 minutes. I was tired but felt good about myself afterwards. Now you've given me some more ideas for short workouts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete