Thursday, January 30, 2014

January Challenge

Okay, I know January is over, but here is what we have been doing this month.  I decided we were going to do another month of no eating out and we did.  We did this a little over a year ago and it was a lot less challenging this time.  If you have never tried this before, you should definitely try it.  You won't believe how much less bloated you will feel while saving money at the same time.  What did we eat, you ask.  Well, let me tell you.  At the beginning of each week, I would boil about 4-5 lbs of chicken.  I used that in the majority of our meals for the week.  Here are some examples of our meals.
Chicken and shrimp stir-fry
Beef stuffed bell peppers
Barbeque chicken and potatoes
Grilled chicken salad
Chicken sausage and grains
Sloppy Joe's, rice and slaw
Chicken fajita bowl
Chicken nuggets and sweet potato fries
Chicken salad sandwiches
http://happyhealthyhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/southwest-chicken-salad.html
http://happyhealthyhouse.blogspot.com/2012/04/tortilla-soup.html

All very simple meals that can be fixed in one pan for the most part.  I'll put some more of the recipes on soon.


The other challenge this month was my personal goal to reach 3 miles in my running.  Done.  Step one of training for my half-marathon is accomplished. Now on to February challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment