Sunday, June 3, 2012

Thought for the Day #3

6:30 this morning, I went running.  It was great.  I snuck out of the house while everyone was sleeping and just took off.  This time I left my phone at home, so there was no music, no pace keeper, no map telling me how far I've gone, just me and my thoughts.  Besides the two cars I saw and one other runner, it was just me out there.  I'm pretty sure everyone else was asleep, although I live in a neighborhood of mostly "older" people, so they were probably up 2 hours before me. The first 10 minutes I spent talking to God.  I needed this.  Everything in my life right now is going great, so first off I needed to thank Him for that. Then ask him to be with everyone who needed prayers right now.  Then I starting thinking about all of the other bits and pieces of my life: my husband, my kids, this blog :), my goals.  It was just one of those great moments were the weather was perfect, I felt great, and things are good.  If you've never gotten up early and gone running, I suggest you do.  There is something about it.  It's nice and cool, sometimes there's a fog, the sun is coming up (the birds are singing the sun is shining, it's like a disney movie).  The point is, I loved my run this morning and I think everyone should have moments like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment